Artist Studio seeking highly motivated and detail oriented hands-on Studio Assistant as right-hand in planning, researching and producing new (medium to large-scale) artworks and exhibitions from start to finish.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Must have a strong engineering and trouble-shooting mentality
- Be confident to work independently
- Maintain enthusiasm toward researching new and unorthodox techniques
- Have a lot of experience in sculpture fabrication and carpentry, and a literacy with Adobe CS softwares
- The Studio Assistant must be professional and confident to act as a liaison between fabrication studios, galleries, and museums with designs, lay-outs and emails.
- Experience with power tools and wood working
- Experience with welding
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, Google Sketch-up or similar softwares
- Ability to drive with drivers license Additional skills (would be great but not essential): -Photography: lighting, production and printing
- Video: shooting and editing
- Sewing: machine and by hand Responsibilities
- Research: gathering information online, purchasing materials online, a lot of errands and phone calls
- Hands on Fabrication: dependent on project.
- Artist Liaison: be in touch and follow up with galleries, museums and fabrication studios.
Part Time Position. 1-3 days (6- 20 hours) a week depending on project. Position starting immediately. Compensation is commensurate with experience
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email Cover Letter and Resume clearly outlining education, applicable experience, skills, and at least two references to linked address.