Terms and Conditions
© Copyright Art Job Collective, 2015. All rights reserved. Reproductions, adaptation, or translation without permission is prohibited except as allowed under the International copyright laws. All the text, graphics, design, content, and other works are the copyrighted works of Art Job Collective
1. ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
Welcome toartjobcollective.com (the “Site”), a web site provided to you by the Art Job Collective (“AJC”). These Terms and Conditions of Service (“Terms and Conditions”), as updated by AJC from time to time, govern your use of the Site and Services (as defined below). PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THE SITE OR THE SERVICES. You can review the most current version of the Terms and Conditions at any time at www.artjobcollective.com. By using, accessing, or downloading materials from the Site or the Services, you agree to be bound by the Terms and Conditions as outlined in this legal notice, which apply to all visits to the Site both now and in the future, and are indicating that you are at least sixteen (16) years old or that you have the permission of your parent or guardian. This is a legally binding agreement. If you do not agree with the Terms and Conditions, you should not use the Site or the Services.
The Site includes a database containing volunteer opportunities, jobs, internships, events and other listings from the New York City Region.
If you are an organization, you can submit job openings, volunteer opportunities, events, internships or other information that can be stored in the Organization Database. The Organization Database is available for anyone to search and access information contained in it. The provision of the information, databases and other services on or through the Site are referred to in these Terms and Conditions as the “Services.”
3. USE OF SERVICES
To use the Site and Services you will need access to the World Wide Web, and you must pay any fees associated with your use of such access and the Services you obtain. You will also need equipment and a modem or another access device.
4. REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS
Because no registration is required with the Art Job Collective, AJC strictly protects the security of your personal information and honors your choices for its intended use.
We carefully protect your data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Inside the company, data is stored in password-controlled servers with limited access. Your information may be stored and process in the United States of America or any other country where AJC’s subsidiaries, affiliates, or agents are located. AJC is not responsible for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with the provisions of this section.
You may contact us as follows:
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line: terms & conditions.
5. SERVICES OFFERED
You understand that there are risks in using the Services, which you assume when you use the Services. Specifically, you understand and agree that all information, data and other material provided in connection with the Site and Services (“Content ”), is the responsibility of the person or entity providing such Content. You understand and acknowledge that AJC assumes no responsibility to screen or review Content provided as part of the Services. AJC shall have the right, but not the obligation, in its sole discretion to refuse, monitor, or remove any Content that is available on the Site or through use of the Services.
AJC does not endorse any aspect of the information, including the quality, accuracy or legality of the information that is contained in the databases. Since AJC does not confirm the identity of any submitter, AJC cannot guarantee that any identity or information is accurate. AJC expressly disclaims all responsibility or liability to you or any other person or entity for the performance or nonperformance of Content review. AJC reserves the right to remove or eliminate any Content that it chooses, at any time and for any reason, without notice or liability to you or any third party. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU ASSUME ALL RISK ASSOCIATED WITH THE USE OF ANY AND ALL CONTENT.
AJC is not involved in the relationship between Individuals and Organizations. If you have a dispute with each other, you understand that AJC is not required to assist you in the dispute. You hereby agree to release AJC from any and all claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way connected with any such disputes or use of the Services. You understand that the Services may only be used for lawful purposes. You assume total responsibility and risk for your use of the Services. It is solely your responsibility to evaluate the accuracy, completeness and usefulness of all information you access or obtain through the Services.
6. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
INFORMATION MAY NOT BE APPROPRIATE OR SATISFACTORY FOR YOUR USE, AND YOU SHOULD VERIFY ALL INFORMATION BEFORE RELYING ON IT. ANY DECISIONS MADE BASED ON INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THE SITE, INCLUDING INFORMATION RECEIVED THROUGH YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES, ARE YOUR SOLE RESPONSIBILITY.
THE USE OF THE SITE AND SERVICES IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE SITE AND SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. GFJ EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND WITH RESPECT TO THE SITE AND SERVICES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY OR ARISING FROM A COURSE OF DEALING, USAGE OR TRADE PRACTICE. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. GFJ MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT THE SITE OR SERVICES WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, OR WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, CURRENT, ACCURATE, COMPLETE OR ERROR-FREE OR THAT THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED BY USE OF THE SITE OR SERVICES WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE. YOU UNDERSTAND AND ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY WITH RESPECT TO ANY DEFECT IN OR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE SITE OR SERVICES IS TO CEASE TO USE THE SITE OR SERVICES. YOU MAY HAVE OTHER RIGHTS WHICH MAY VARY FROM STATE TO STATE.
7. EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
YOu EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT AJC SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY: DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, OR THOSE RESULTING FROM LOST PROFITS, LOST DATA OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF USE, OR OTHER LOSSES (EVEN IF GFJ HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES)) ARISING OUT OF: (i) THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE OR SERVICES, (ii) ANY LINK PROVIDED IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICES, (iii) THE MATERIALS OR INFORMATION CONTAINED AT ANY OR ALL SUCH WEBSITES, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY AND WHETHER OR NOT ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, (iv)YOUR RELIANCE ON ANY OF THE SERVICES; (v) THE INTERRUPTION, SUSPENSION, TERMINATION OF ANY SERVICES HEREUNDER, (vi) THE TIMELINESS, DELETION, MISDELIVERY OR FAILURE TO POST OR STORE ANY INFORMATION, OR (vii) ANY MATTER OTHERWISE RELATED TO YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR SERVICES. IN NO EVENT SHALL GFJ'S LIABILITY TO YOU RELATING TO YOUR USE OF THE SITE AND/OR SERVICES EXCEED $50.
8. CONDUCT ON THE SITE
You are responsible for all Content that you upload, submit, post, email or otherwise transmit using the Site or Services. Likewise, you are responsible for respecting AJC ‘s and third parties' rights with respect to Content that appears on the Site and not to download, email or otherwise transmit such Content in violation of AJC’s and third parties' rights.
You agree not to use the Site or Services to:
- Submit, upload, post, email, or otherwise transmit any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other intellectual property right, privacy right, or publicity right of any person or entity.
- Submit, upload, post, email, or otherwise transmit any Content that is illegal, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, pornographic, sexually explicit, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, racially, ethnically, or otherwise offensive.
- Post jobs, volunteer opportunities, internships or other opportunities that do not provide equal access to individuals or groups, or use exclusionary language on the basis of race, origin, nationality, religion, language, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status or physical or mental ability unless the requirement is a bona fide or essential qualification of the position or opportunity.
- Impersonate another person or entity, including without limitation, a representative of AJC or its officers, directors, employees or agents, falsely represent or misrepresent your affiliation with another person or entity, or forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers that would disguise the origin of any Content transmitted through the Site or Services.
- Submit, upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, including without limitation, initiation or perpetuation of any “Spam”, “Junk Mail”, or any other potentially objectionable form of unsolicited communication.
- Use the Site or Services for any purpose or in any manner that violates any local, state, or federal law or regulation or the law or regulation of any foreign government.
- Collect or store personal data with respect to third parties except as contemplated by the Terms and Conditions and then only for the express purpose of providing lawful communication that may reasonably be anticipated by such third parties.
- Directly or indirectly, intentionally disrupt or interfere with the Site or Services in any manner that may materially adversely affect GFJ, you or any third party.
- Submit, upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any material that contains software viruses or any other code, files or programs designed or known to disable, interrupt, or limit the functionality of any computer hardware, computer software, or telecommunications equipment or facilities.
- Submit, upload, post, email or otherwise transmit without authorization any material that contains personal or private information concerning any third party person or entity, including without limitation, phone number(s) or addresses, credit/debit cards, calling cards, account numbers, social security numbers, passwords or other similar information.
- Use any kind of automated tool, including but not limited to scripts, bots and other software, to try to collect information from the Site or to break into any of its servers.
You may view, download and copy information and materials available on this website solely for your personal, non-commercial use. You may also use such material within your organization in connection with the support of AJC’s products and services. As a condition of use, you agree not to modify or revise any of the material in any manner, and to regain all copyright and other proprietary notices as contained in the original materials on any copies of the materials. No other use of the materials or information is authorized. You agree to use the Services solely to accommodate your own needs and not to offer the Services to any third party. You may not use or exploit any portion of the Site or Services to provide any commercial services to third parties. Any violation of the foregoing may result in civil and/or criminal liabilities.
10. OWNERSHIP OF CONTENT
You understand and agree that your use of the Site and Services entitles AJC to use, monitor and preserve copies of all information and Content and to disclose such information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such disclosure will promote compliance with legal process, enforcement of the Terms and Conditions, assistance in responding to claims that Content violates the rights of third parties, protection of the personal safety of any person, or protection of the property rights of AJC or any other person or entity.
The Services may include links to other World Wide Web sites. You acknowledge and agree that such links are provided for your convenience and do not reflect any endorsement by AJC with respect to the provider of such linked site or the quality, reliability or any other characteristic or feature of such linked site and AJC is not responsible in any manner (including without limitation with respect to any loss or injury you suffer) for any matter associated with the linked site, including without limitation, the content provided on or through any such linked site or your reliance thereon. AJC MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO ANY LINKED SITE: YOUR USE OF ANY LINKED SITE IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. In addition, you should be aware that your use of any linked site is subject to the terms and conditions applicable to that site.
You agree to hold harmless and indemnify AJC and its affiliates, officers, directors, and employees from and against any and all third party claims, demands, proceedings and any losses, liabilities, damages, costs, payments and expenses, including reasonable attorneys' fees, costs and expenses arising out of, directly or indirectly, your use of the Site or Services including, without limitation (a) any Content thereon, and (b) any use of the Site or Services that violates the Terms and Conditions.
13. COPYRIGHT AND TRADEMARK INFORMATION
The information and any materials available on or from the Site are the copyrighted works of AJC, and any unauthorized use of that information or materials may violate copyright, trademark and other laws. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved. The Content of the Services is owned by AJC and third parties and is protected by the United States Copyright Act of 1976, as amended, and the copyright laws of other countries. Certain materials are used by permission of their respective owners. The Content of the Services, including graphics, images, buttons, and text, may not be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way without the prior written permission of AJC, except that, subject to your compliance with the Terms and Conditions, AJC authorizes you to view or download a single copy of the Content provided that you keep intact all copyright, trademark, and other proprietary notices. Modification of Content or use of Content for any other purpose is a violation of the rights of AJC, or third parties. Nothing herein shall be construed as conferring by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right under any copyright, patent, trademark or other proprietary interest of GFJ, or third parties.
AJC ‘s trademarks may be used only with written permission from AJC. The Art Job Collective and artjobcollective.com are registered trademarks or trademarks of the Art Job Collective. All other trademarks, brands, and names are the property of their respective owners.
© Copyright Art Job Collective, 2015. All rights reserved. Reproductions, adaptation, or translation without permission is prohibited except as allowed under the International copyright laws. All the text, graphics, design, content, and other works are the copyrighted works of the Art Job Collective.
To file a notice of infringement with AJC, the requirements specified in Title II of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 must be fulfilled. The text of this statute can be found at the U.S. Copyright Office website, located at http://lcweb.loc.gov/copyright/.
14. ARBITRATION CLAUSE
You and AJC agree to first try in good faith to settle any claim or dispute arising out of or relating to this Agreement, or the breach thereof, that cannot be settled through negotiation, by mediation under the Commercial Mediation Rules of the American Arbitration Association, before resorting to arbitration.
Any claim or dispute arising out of or relating to this Agreement, or the breach thereof, that cannot be resolved by mediation within 30 days shall be finally resolved by arbitration administered by the American Arbitration Association under its Commercial Arbitration Rules, and judgment upon the award rendered by the arbitrators may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. The arbitration will be conducted in the English language in the City of New York, New York, in accordance with the United States Arbitration Act. There shall be one arbitrator, named in accordance with such rules. The arbitrator shall decide the dispute in accordance with the substantive law of the state of New York. The award of the arbitrator shall be accompanied by a statement of the reasons upon which the award is based.
15. NOTICE OF CHANGES
AJC may change the Terms and Conditions from time-to-time without notice. If such a change is made, AJC will post the revised Terms and Conditions on the Site. AJC reserves the right to add to or change the Services offered or to cease offering any or all of the Services at any time. You understand and agree that AJC may from time to time establish and revise practices and limitations concerning your use of the Site and Services. You are responsible for reviewing this page from time to time to ensure compliance with the then-current terms and legal restrictions because they will be binding on you.
16. GENERAL PRACTICES REGARDING CONTENT AND STORAGE
AJC strives to provide you with useful, accurate, and timely information on the Site. Accordingly, AJC has attempted to provide accurate information and materials on this website but assumes no responsibility for the accuracy and completeness of that information or materials. AJC may change the content of any information or materials available at this website, or to the products described in them, at any time without notice. However, AJC makes no commitment to update the information or materials on this website which, as a result, may be out of date. Information and opinions expressed in bulletin boards or other forums are not necessarily those of AJC.
You agree that AJC shall have no liability for any loss damage (including, but not limited to, actual, consequential, or punitive), liability, claim, or other injury or cause related to or resulting from any information posted on the Site, orthe deletion or failure to store or display any messages and other communications or other Content submitted for posting, maintained on the Site or transmitted using the Site or Services.
17. TERMINATION OF USE
AJC may, in its sole discretion, add to, change, suspend, delete or terminate your access to all or part of the Site and Services at any time for any reason without notice to you. AJC shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Site or Services. AJC reserves the right to refuse to offer Services to anyone at anytime without notice.
18. WEBSITE SECURITY
You are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate the security of the Site, including, without limitation, (a) accessing data not intended for you or logging into a server or account which you are not authorized to access, (b) attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization, (c) attempting to interfere with service to any user, host or network, including, without limitation, via means of submitting a virus to the Web Site, overloading, "flooding", "mailbombing" or "crashing", or (d) sending unsolicited e-mail, including promotions and/or advertising of products or services, or (e) forging any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any e-mail, forum, or newsgroup posting. Violations of system or network security may result in civil or criminal liability. AJC will investigate occurrences that may involve such violations and may involve, and cooperate with, law enforcement authorities in prosecuting those who are involved in such violations.
© Copyright the Art Job Collective, 2015. All rights reserved. Reproductions, adaptation, or translation without permission is prohibited except as allowed under the International copyright laws. All the text, graphics, design, content, and other works are the copyrighted works of the Art Job Collective.
Thank you for visiting our website and reviewing our Privacy Statement. This website, artjobcollective.com ("Site"), is operated on behalf of the Art Job Collective. ("Art Job Collective" "we," "us," and "our"). Your privacy is important to us. It is our policy to protect your Personal Information (as defined below) and to use it in accordance with this Privacy Statement. This Privacy Statement only covers privacy practices involving information we collect online. Please note that your use of the Site and services is subject to our Terms and Conditions of Service.
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
Like many other websites, we automatically collect information about your internet connection, such as:
· The IP address of the server you used to access the internet;
· The name of the website from which you linked directly to our Site;
· The date and time you access our Site; and
· The pages you visit.
This information ("Non-Personal Information") does NOT identify you personally. We use this Non-Personal Information to monitor the effectiveness of the Site, identify areas of interest, and consider potential improvements to the Site.
If you choose to use certain features and functions of the Site, we ask you to provide certain personally identifiable information ("Personal Information") without which these features cannot work.
By providing such information, you consent to our collection and use of it, as described in this Privacy Statement. We do not collect any Personal Information about you when you visit the Site unless you give us that information.
The Personal Information you provide includes information provided during any registration process, including contact information, such as your name, organization name, address, and email address, and information about your interests and preferences
We believe your business is no one else’s. Your privacy is important to you and to us. So we’ll protect the information you share with us. To protect your privacy, the AJC follows principles in accordance with worldwide practices for customer privacy and data protection.
· We won’t sell or give away your name, mail address, phone number, email address, or any other information to anyone.
· We will use state-of-the-art security measures to protect your information from unauthorized users.
2. USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will ask you when we need information that personally identifies you (Personal Information) or allows us to contact you. We use Personal Information obtained from you to provide services that you request; respond to your questions or inquiries; identify areas of user interest; consider potential improvements to our Site; and provide a forum to coordinate volunteers and nonprofit organizations.
Specific ways we use information include:
· To make the site easier for you to use by not having to enter information more than once.
· To help us create content most relevant to you.
· To alert you to special offers, updated information and other new services.
· You can contact us directly with questions or comments regarding the services or to request additional information by following the links on the "Contact Us" section of our Site. These links require you to give certain Personal Information so that we may respond to your inquiry.
· For distribution purposes, you also provide Personal Information if you request materials from us. We may also use your Personal Information to determine the level of interest in our offerings.
· We may use your Personal Information to get in touch with you regarding the status of your online requests for services or any additional information you requested. We may also use your Personal Information to determine whether you qualify for any services for which you request online.
· We may use your Personal Information to contact you regarding additional services and features or requesting your feedback about your experience with the Site.
As a convenience and to make the Site truly service oriented, we have included links to other sites of interest on the Internet. These sites are owned and operated by third parties. AJC makes no representations and is not responsible for the availability of, or content located on or through these third party sites. A third party link from the Site is not an indication that AJC endorses the third party or its site, or has any affiliation with or between AJC and the third party hosting site. Your use of such linked sites is subject to the terms and conditions and privacy policies of the providers of those sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our Site and to read the privacy statements of each site that collects Personal Information.
4. SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
We do not sell or trade or provide Personal Information to marketing companies or information brokers or any other organization or individual. We will only disclose your Personal Information in the following circumstances without first obtaining your consent:
· AJC will disclose your personal information, without notice, only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such an action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on AJC or the Site; (b) protect and defend the rights of property of AJC and its family of websites; and (c) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of AJC, its websites, or the public.
· We may use third party suppliers and service providers to facilitate our services, and they may have access to Personal Information. We will only provide those companies the information they need to deliver the service, and they are prohibited from using that information for any other purpose. For example, we may outsource one or more aspects of our Site to a supplier or service provider who performs services according to our requirements. In these cases we will restrict through written agreements how these suppliers or service providers may use or disclose the Personal Information to which they have access.
· Please remember that, although we endeavor to select only reputable companies who share our commitment to customer privacy, we are in no way responsible for the actions or policies of these other organizations.
6. CHILDREN AND PARENTS
If you are under sixteen(16) we strongly encourage you to use this Site only with the knowledge of a parent or guardian. Any information you submit will be treated in accordance with the policies in this Privacy Statement.
7. PROVIDING AND RECEIVING INFORMATION
By using AJC and the Site, you consent to the collection and use of information by us as specified above. You can always choose not to provide Personal Information or to opt out of receiving communications from us at any time. Email us about your concerns.
8. CHANGES TO THIS STATEMENT
We may change this Privacy Statement from time to time without notice. If we do make a change, we will post the revised Privacy Statement on this Site. We encourage you to review this Privacy Statement periodically. Questions, comments, or complaints about our privacy policies should be submitted to us by one of the methods listed above.
The ART JOB COLLECTIVE supports all businesses that uphold the value and integrity of the art community . We review and approve all job postings before they go live on our website and therefore reserve the right to deny publication of job postings for any or all of the following reasons:
- The employer or company posting the position in question does not comply with the cultural or moral standards promoted by the Art Job Collective
- The position in question could not clearly be categorized as art-related,
- The posting in question contains inappropriate language and/or references.
For more information, please read our Terms & Conditions.