Flushing Council on Culture and the Arts (FCCA), located at the historic Flushing Town Hall in Queens, NY seeks a Costume Designer to work as an Independent Contractor on two after school programs: a Junior High School production of Mulan and a Grade School production of The Amazing Race.
Both schools are located in the Flushing area.
The costume designer must create a design with vision, execute the plan, acquire necessary materials, stay within the budget and be well-organized. The designer should plan on a combination of shopping, borrowing from the existing school wardrobe, and renting. Both projects will culminate with performances in May 2017.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Professional experience in Costume Design
- BFA/BA in Arts, Education or related field (Master’s preferred)
- Strong collaborator with experience working with NYC public school students
- Organized with strong time-management and budgeting skills
- Be available for some tech week rehearsals & production meetings: (May 8-12, & May 22 & 23)
About Flushing Council on Culture and the Arts (FCCA): FCCA was founded in 1979 to present diverse arts from all over the world, to contribute to the revitalization of Flushing, Queens, and to foster an intercultural exchange through the arts. In the 1990s FCCA acquired and renovated historic Flushing Town Hall (1862 Historic Landmark) on behalf of NYC, and operates the building as a thriving multi-disciplinary arts center, presenting music, dance, theater, visual arts and film. FCCA is a member of NYC’s Cultural Institutions Group (CIG), and a Smithsonian Affiliate. For more information, please visit: www.flushingtownhall.org
HOW TO APPLY:
- Cover letter that outlines how your background and expertise will fit in with our programs - Resume - Contact information and relationship for 3 references - Work Samples For consideration, please submit materials to Gabrielle Hamilton, Director of Education & Public Programs, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Costume Designer” in the subject line. No phone call or mail submissions. FCCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.