Kaikai Kiki New York is seeking a silkscreen production assistant for Takashi Murakami's studio. Staff will assist in the production of silkscreens and daily studio operations. Currently, this position is 3 months long with the possibility of extension.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Knowledge of silkscreen production (coating, exposing, operating silkscreen equipment)
- Highly organized, detail oriented, and respect for workspace
- Good teamwork, Respectful of others
- Strong work ethic and enthusiasm
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently with strict deadlines.
- Comfortable switching tasks on the fly throughout the day
- Willingness to learn and follow directions
- Practical experience in mixing colors, detailed painting, silkscreen printing
Japanese language skills a plus, especially on a reading and writing level
5 days/week. 8:30AM → Ending hours vary: 6pm – 8pm (May need to stay longer depending on production needs) Must be able to work legally in the United States
HOW TO APPLY:
Please e-mail the following materials to email@example.com and include “studio assistant” in the subject line. - Resume - Cover letter - Must provide a link to online portfolio with samples of graphic work, or send work samples via email with application - 2 references