The Production Assistant is responsible for assisting Mickalene Thomas and the Production Manager in the day-to-day studio operations and production of artwork.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- proficiently and efficient
- able to meet strict deadlines and goals
- expected to be superbly organized, detail-oriented, and work well within a team as well as independently
- creative problem solver and able to communicate effectively with the Artist, Production Manager and Studio Manager.
Further, Production Assistants should have a firm and applicable understanding of the job responsibilities listed below. Production Assistants applicants should have a Bachelor Degree from an accredited college or university in fine art or related field and should be knowledgeable and engaged in the contemporary art world. Strong consideration will be given to applicants with advanced silk screening experience.
- Screen Printing
- Panel preparation
- Mixing colors with a strong understanding of color theory
- Drawing (Figure Drawing)
- Painting (Acrylic, Oil and Enamel)
- Rhinestone Application
- Data Production (Photoshop, Illustrator, Lightroom)
- Light Construction
- General maintenance, repairs and cleaning
- Maintaining inventory, create inventory spreadsheets
- Creating purchase orders and order supplies as necessary
- Maintaining Artbase and physical artwork inventory
- Assisting Mickalene Thomas as needed
- Assisting Production Manager as needed
Full Time Position. Monday- Friday 10-6pm. Must be able to work occasional evenings or weekends for special projects, exhibitions, and for travel. Salary is commensurate with experience.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please do not call the studio directly. Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line "Production Assistant 2015." Please include five images of recent/relevant work or a link to an online portfolio