Studio work ranges from basic sculpture fabrication (hand and machine sewing, meticulous x-acto cutting, drawing, paper casting) to administration (archiving, grant writing, and overseeing interns).
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- pattern making and draping skills since we are making large and tiny sculptures that need clothing
- pay attention to details, as well as multi-task, prioritize, and anticipate needS
- e look for a strong team-oriented person with leadership ability who can communicate clearly, whether by person, on the phone, or via email.
- Please be peaceful, focused, and have a can-do attitude.
- Fluency with PCs, along with skills in Photoshop and FilemakerPro is a must, as you will be using the computer to edit images, archive, and write.
Candidates should have a BA or BFA, and previous experience as an artist assistant or intern with art fabrication is a plus.
Part Time Position for Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays, 9:45-5, and pay is $12/hour. The position is available immediately. We require a commitment of at least one year plus.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email cover letter, resume, and 2 references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
February 10, 2017