Designer and artist Miriam Ellner is looking for a fine artist and/or decorative painter to work in her glass studio. Miriam specializes in Verre Eglomisé, a technique of reverse gilding and painting on glass. She receives commissions from interior designers and architects for commercial and residential interior projects. You can view images of her work at www.miriamellner.com
Miriam's large light-fllled studio is located in the heart of the West Chelsea gallery area with access to the High Line on the block.
Full Time Position. Pay based on experience
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCES:
- experienced hand for meticulous paint work
- knowledge of different paint mediums
- patience and forward thinking
- must be 'able' and comfortable moving small to large pieces of fragile glass that can be heavy at times
- An upbeat, cooperative and positive attitude is also very important to work with her existing team of experienced artists in this technique
HOW TO APPLY:
Send email with cover letter, resume and images of your artwork to linked address. (Providing web links to access images is fine.) Absolutely NO phone calls or studio visits.