The Position: The Jewish Museum is seeking a performer to interact with museum visitors to realize the artwork “Be Quiet” by James Lee Byars for the exhibition Take Me (I’m Yours). Performances will take place in the galleries every Saturday from 12:00-4:00 PM from September 16, 2016 to February 5, 2017. Also, performances will take place during opening events for the exhibition on Monday, September 12, 2016 (6:00-8:30 PM), Tuesday, September 13, 2016 (10:30 AM-12:30 PM) and Thursday, September 15, 2016 (12:00-4:00 PM). The performer will wear a dress provided by the Museum.
- Prior acting, dance and/or performance art experience,
- Be able to stand for four hours,
- Fit a women’s size 6-10 dress (French size 38),
- Must be available to work performance schedule (see above)
- Must be reliable, punctual, and able to work independently,
- Able to work with a diverse audience.
$25 per hour or $100 for four-hour shift. Note: Preference will be given to applicants who are able to commit to all listed performance dates.
HOW TO APPLY:
Send Resume and Cover Letter indicating availability for listed performance dates To: Director of Human Resources The Jewish Museum 1109 Fifth Avenue New York, NY 10128 Email: email@example.com Fax: 212.423.3232 The Jewish Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer