A Woodside-based custom design and fabrication studio that specializes in elaborate exhibits and displays. We've been in business over 60 years. Our clients include the world's top museums and department stores. Opportunities for international travel.
The work here is highly creative; there is never a dull day at our studio. Our organization is made up of the following departments: Design, Props, Mechanical Animation, Scenic Painting, Carpentry, Sculpting, Figure Molding/Casting. There is opportunity to cross over between departments; our best colleagues are multi-disciplinary artists.
YOU MIGHT BE A FIT ON OUR FABRICATION TEAM IF YOU. . .
- Like to spend your day building and creating
- Have large portions of the McMaster-Carr catalog memorized
- Took apart a broken ________ when you were eight years old and fixed it
- Can identify a 3/8 - 16 bolt by sight from across the room
- Have a high tolerance for ambiguity and are willing to learn on the job; we never do the same thing twice
- Have a high energy personality, the kind of person who likes to "get it done NOW"
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Experience with educational exhibit, stage set, and/or themed attraction construction
- Reading blueprints, sourcing the right materials for the job
- Carpentry skills. Proven expertise with all standard wood shop equipment.
- Advanced mechanical knowledge and experience building things that move -- this is not a normal carpenter's job
- An artistic eye in your work -- everything is custom and much of our work is theatrical in nature
- Acrylic Fabrication Experience
- Mechanical Experience
- Practical electrical wiring
- Audio visual experience
- Proficiency with a computer: Word, Excel, email, web browsing
Full Time Position. Pay based on experience.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please include a PDF version of your resume in your reply as well as a brief description of your career trajectory to date to linked email address.