Lite Brite Neon Studio is seeking to hire an experienced shop technician and neon installer – for a part-time position starting late spring/early summer 2017.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- proficiency in handling basic construction tools (pneumatic tools, drills, screw guns, glue guns, saws, etc.)
- fabricating and installing of neon lamps and lighting
- assembling neon artworks and displays
- Some handling of materials, in the form of crates and sheet material (lifting and carrying up to 50-75 lbs)
- ability to work on standard A-frame ladders
- extension ladders (up to 25')
- comfortable with baker scaffolding will be required of the applicant
- technical understanding of basic electrical wiring
- CNC routing
- sign painting, or neon sign wiring is a plus
- some experience with Mac-based graphic applications (Illustrator, SketchUp, etc.) and construction methods
- comfortable driving and parking a service van in NYC and have a valid drivers license with a clean and safe driving history.
We are looking for someone who is mindful, with a great work ethic, a friendly and upbeat attitude, and a background in art fabrication and/or shop work.
We are seeking someone with 2-3 years of previous work experience in signage, art fabrication, neon installation, or a similar field.
Must be able to work and communicate well with fellow technicians, be flexible, have problem solving and building skills, as well as a strong attention to aesthetic detail.
Creative workplace and competitive hourly wage based on experience.
HOW TO APPLY:
Kindly send resume, a statement of intent, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls or solicitations. Please feel free to share with anyone who you think is qualified. We appreciate your interest! Lite Brite Neon Studio is an equal-opportunity employer.