We are looking for a reliable self–starter with a dedication to superior craftsmanship. At DDG, we hold ourselves to the highest standards of archival framing and design, delivering state-of-the-art final products to museums, galleries, and private collectors. Please apply ONLY if you share in our passion for high quality construction.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- At least 3-5 years of woodworking experience, preferably in framing
- Extensive knowledge of water based finishes and stains
- Highly versed in using table saw, planer, sander, biscuit joiner, chop saw, etc.
- Familiarity with Hoffman joiner and underpinner is a plus
- An ability to work systematically and take direction from worksheets
- A deep understanding of materials and their properties, including but not limited to wood (maple, cherry, walnut, poplar, basswood, etc), finishes, and adhesives
- Takes pride in one’s craft and eagerly desires to increase skill set
- Mindful of work pace and production deadlines
- Team player who works well with others
- Overseeing woodshop workflow and production deadlines
- Joining frames and strainers
- Detailed sanding
- High end finishing and precise color matching
- Maintaining a clean personal work area
- Organizing supplies and alerting management of materials to restock
Full Time Position.4-5 days a week. Salary will commensurate with experience.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email resume, references, and a few sentence introduction stating the reasons why you are the best person to for this job to firstname.lastname@example.org
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.