Part-time Studio Assistant needed for established contemporary sculptor with a 30+ year career working in mixed media. Assistant will work under the direction of the Artist.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- installation, shipping, and crating of art objects; confidence to move large, heavy and fragile objects
- ability to handle all aspects of production in a fast-paced studio environment – switching from tasks that require a delicate and sensitive handling of objects to working with hardware and tools
- The studio has recently undergone a renovation and is in the process of re-organizing the workspace, and candidates with strong organizational skills will be preferred.
- a strong interest, sensitivity and awareness of working with a variety of materials and the ability to quickly absorb new methods is required
- Candidate must be reliable, diligent, and possess an astute attention to detail. Experience working in a prior artist studio is beneficial.
Part Time Position. 2-3 days per week, 8am – 4:30pm. Must have flexibility to stay later on occasion depending on current projects. Hourly rate based on experience.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Studio Assistant” and your name in the Subject Line.