The person hired for this position should expect to be involved in metal fabrication for Coil + Drift, a fast-growing furniture design studio based in New York City. You will be working directly with designer / owner John Sorensen-Jolink and a small team who's hard work and unique design perspective recently earned Coil + Drift the 2016 International Furniture Fair Editors' Award for Best First-Time Exhibitor.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Proficient in TIG welding ( 1 year of experience)
- Experience grinding, filing, sanding and finishing
- Experience welding brass
- Experience with wood-working
- The ability to communicate effectively
- Attention to detail
- The ability to work independently
- Production metal fabrication
- Custom metal fabrication
- Maintenance of metal working tools and equipment
- Basic wood-working fabrication
This is a part-time paid position requiring 1-3 days per week. $18.00/hr
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send resume to attached link.
Coil + Drift loves diversity and encourages applicants of all races, ethnicities, genders, sexual orientations, and cultural backgrounds to apply. Refugees especially welcome. Please send a cover letter, resumé, and metal working portfolio.
Visit www.coilanddrift.com to learn more about us.